ZZTECHS.COM » Home » Buy
$ 19.95 USD
ZLauncher is a PalmOS system management program
that integrates the system supervisor, application/database
manager and expansion card manager.
This is shareware. By registering
this software, you not only show your respect for our copyright,
but also encourage us to improve and update our work. Once
it expires after 30 days of trial, you can order a legal
| Minimum Requirements: Palm: Palm IIIc
Palm OS 3.5
Theme.Icon and Backimage
|Palm OS5 Support: Palm 5 Compatible
||Resolutions Supported: Sony Hi-Res (320x320)
Sony Hi-Res+ (320x480)
Palm Hi-Res (320x320)
Palm Standard (160x160)
Color Support: Full
color support from monochrome to 16-bit color depth (65,536 colors).
You can set any color depth supported by the handheld in ZLauncher
High-Resolution / High-Density Support:
Totally Customizable User Interface:
- Full support for Sony HiRes(320 X 320) / HiRes+ (320 X 480) /
Landscape(480 X 320). And ability to display High-Density icon on
PRE-PalmOS5 Sony HiRes handhelds.
- Full support for PalmOS5 High-Density(320 X 320) display, including Palm Tungsten|T3, TapWave Zodiac(320 X 480/480 X 320).
- ZLauncher can display Low / High Density icons and fonts.
Flexible Management: ZLauncher provides the most flexibility
for different users. You can organize apps/DBs/files of the handheld in
tab mode, or in the classical mode without tabs. You can easily and
quickly rearrange or hide the tabs according to your favor.
- Supports THEME & Icon Set. Changing the theme can give you a
fresh look of your handheld. Icon Set provides the capability of
replacing the any apps' icons, including the apps which are stored in
/Palm/Launcher/ of the expansion card.
- ZLauncher can convert a BMP/PGP/JPG file into a background image DB
directly. You can change the background image according to your favor.
You also can PREVIEW the supported pictures before converting them.
- Each category has its own settings. You can set different icon settings, colors, background images for different tabs.
- Theme Manager provides the most convenience for managing themes, icon sets, and background images.
- You can change various color of the interface, such as icon text color, tab title text color, tab background color, and etc..
- You can change various font of the interface, such as icon text, tab caption text, and etc..
- You can change the different icons for different tabs. The caption
of tab can be hidden to save more room to display more tab titles. Tab
captions can be hidden manually or automatically.
- Offers up to 15 combinations of user interface and 3 item view
modes(Icon view, List view, Detail view). You also can set the UI
tansparent to make more background visible and make the screen more .
- Each tab matches a system category. You can manage categories
quickly and easily. You also can overwrite the category information of
system with ZLauncher's, or load the category information from the
system to initialize the categories of ZLauncher.
- Each expansion card on the handheld is corresponding to a single
tab. Most operations on the files/directories can be done by dragging
- Supports Specific Category. You can easily to create a
specific tab to group DBs by choosing one of the multiple presets
settings or specifying CreatorID and/or TypeID of the DB .
- Supports Trash Bin which is similar to the Recycle Bin in
MSWindows. You can archive useless apps or DBs into trash bin, or
recover the apps/DBs from the trash bin if necessary. Various deletion
options enable you to delete an app easily, quickly, safely and
- Supports creating ShortCut for apps which are stored on expansion
card manually or automatically. You can categorize the ShortCut to any
app Category. ZLauncher ShortCuts allows the conduits continue to work
normally even the corresponding apps are not in the internal memory.
You also can assign the ShortCuts to hard buttons.
- Storing apps and their related DBs will free up lots of precious
RAM of your handheld, which is much more than the RAM used by ZLauncher
itself. You can easily launch app with related DBs via shortcuts.
- Full featured File Manager, enables you to manage all items on your
handhelds(internal memory as well as external memory) easily and
quickly. You can operate dozens items with a single operation.
Full/True Expansion Card Support:
- Supports Drop. Most manipulations on apps, DBs and files (such as
categorizing, viewing information, beaming, deleting, and etc.) can be
done by dragging & dropping.
- Supports Tap ; Hold. Tapping on an icon for a second will pop up
the operating menu. You also can pop up the menu with JogDial or 5-Way
- You can customize Beaming and Deleting operations. If the operated
item is an app, you can only operate on the app or operate on it and
its related DBs together.
- You also can beam all apps/DBs/files in a tab at one time.
- Supports jog wheels such as Sony JogDial and Handhspring Treo
RockerSwitch, and 5-Way Navigator. You can perform most operations with
- Supports sending apps/DBs/files via Bluetooth/SMS/EMail.
- Special support for lefty users. You can specify the scroll bars listed on the left hand side.
- You can directly perform operations such as moving, copying,
viewing information, beaming, deleting, and etc. on expansion card
files. You even can operate the whole directory tree. This operation is
as simple as operating in MSWindows.
- You can export apps and DBs from memory(ROM or RAM) to expansion
card, or import the files from expansion card to RAM. The imported
files must be in the form of standard PalmOS DB(PRC, PDB or PQA).
- You can launch an app from anywhere of the expansion card.
- Supports multiple expansion cards. You can copy or move files/directories between different expansion cards of a handheld.
- Path-Tree enables you to browse the whole expansion card.
Advanced Information Management:
- Quick Launch+ list records the favorites/common/latest
launched apps. With the help of Quick Launch+ list, you can launch the
most used apps quickly and easily.
- Quick Launch Anywhere allows you launch your favorite apps from anywhere, even outside ZLauncher.
- Fast Find enables you finding out a certain app/DB/file
quickly. Type character within the preset interval can highlight the
item which matches the inputted string best. During the period of
highlight, inputting a linefeed character will launch/open the highlighted item.
- You can launch a app by tapping its related DB.
Easy Function Extension: Supports file association. By
associating DBs/files with a specified app, you can directly open a
specified DB/file which isn't an app ( E.g., after installation of
ZReaderLite for ZLauncher which is bundled with ZLauncher, you can tap
to read the PalmOS format document directly.). You can specify your favorite Doc reader to open standard PalmOS DOC's.
The specified app must respond the sysAppLaunchCmdOpenDB launch
code to open Docs.
You can specify AcidImage / AcidImage Pro / Rescro Viewer
/ Splash Photo as the default viewer to open the pictures.
Integrates the Compress/Decompress function of FlyZip.
Supports directly opening HanDBase DBs via HanDBase.
Supports directly opening ISilo documentations via ISilo.
Supports directly opening WordSmith documentations via WordSmith.
Supports directly opening launchable DBs via the responding apps.
- View the system information in detail. You can know the status of your handheld clearly at anytime.
- You also can view the information of app/DB/file or modify its attributes.
- ZLauncher v5.45
|ZLauncher files package. Please read the readme.htm file in the package first, then install the proper files to your handheld.||
- ZLauncher v5.44
- Theme.Icon and Backimage
|ZLauncher main program. (Including English, Simplified/Traditional Chinese)||
- ZLauncher Spanish version
- User Manual
- Tools of Theme
|Great & useful utilities by David Eaton.||
|12/17/2007 ZLauncher v5.45 released
- Fixed the sound looping problem on Treo 680 and Treo 700p when the screen goes black.
- Provided a solution for user to stop ZLauncher from launching in case of the error problem after reset the device.
- Added a plugin called ZLPluginDBCache which you can view, free DBCache. This plugin is only can be used on NVFS, and especially useful for TX, you can find it in the download package of ZLauncher. This ability is to enhance the performance on NVFS.
- Fixed a bug that the newly installed applications are not showing up under ZLauncher, but can be found under the default launcher.
- Fixed a bug that ZLauncher exits to the default launcher when pressing the Home button after reinstalling ZLauncher.
- Improved the file manager with more filter options. Quick locate to the specific type of database.